MKT has a wealth of experience in dealing with reviews, audits and other disputes with both the ATO and the Office of State Revenue.
MKT will seek to resolve disputes during the audit process, by way of objection, by settlement or through the Administrative Appeals Tribunal.
Our Directors and senior team members regularly engage with the ATO and OSR Officers on behalf of our clients and the clients of our Accountant’s Network firms to ensure that those clients are fairly and reasonably treated and the best outcome is achieved in a timely and cost effective manner.
Recent Advocacy engagements have included:
- Employer Obligations Audits and Reviews of FBT, PAYG & SGC;
- Payroll Tax Grouping Audits;
- Privately Owned and Wealthy Group Comprehensive Reviews;
- Review of CGT Small Business Concessions claim;
- GST Reviews – Financial Acquisition Test;
- Notice of Objection against the deductibility of legal fees;
- Notice of Objection against the Commercial Car Parking rate for FBT purposes;
- Notice of Objection on whether losses from the sale of shares are deductible or on capital account;
- Appeal to the Administrative Appeals Tribunal on availability of the CGT Small Business Concessions;
- Appeal to the Administrative Appeals Tribunal on application of FBT to luxury vehicles held in a trust;
- Federal Court hearing on appeal by the ATO with respect to the assessability of a capital gain derived by a non-resident.