Presented by Mimi Ngo, this 90 minute MKT Tax Session took place in August 2015 and deals with the following topics:
- When does the sale of property attract GST?
- Applying the right treatment for the transaction. Are the premises, new residential, residential, commercial residential, commercial? (…it makes a huge difference to the GST payable and credits claimable).
- Can a GST concession or exemption be applied to the transaction?
- Will the use of the GST Free going concern exemption or applying margin scheme reduce GST payable?
- When are input tax credits claimable on a property development?
- GST impact of when developer has a change of intention.
This download contains the following files:
- The webinar file (mp4 format)
- The powerpoint presentation (Microsoft Office 2010)
- The notes for the case study (PDF)
- The solutions for the case study (PDF)
Please note, due to time restraints, the Case Study is not covered in the Webinar but is included in the notes and solutions provided. If you have any queries, please contact Mimi Ngo.