Presented by Chris Schoeman, this 90 minute MKT Tax Session took place in April 2017.
In this session, Chris will discuss the long term impacts on Fund Members and some strategies Trustees could employ to help minimise the downside and complexities associated with the new changes.
Topics covered will include:
- Requirement to have $1.6 million or less in pension phase prior to July 1, 2017
- Transitional measures to allow for Cost Base Reset of Assets at June 30, 2017
- The new rules regarding fund’s being able to apply the segregated method for determining Exempt Current Pension Income
- New restrictions on making non concessional contributions
- How changes will effect members entitlements in the long term specifically in relation to:
- Tax on Income going forward
- Tax on Death Benefit payments
- Reversionary Pensions
- Ability to keep assets within the superannuation system
- Estate Planning
- Strategies that can potentially be employed to minimise the impact of the changes in the long term.
This download contains the following files:
- The Webinar file (MP4)
- The Powerpoint presentation (Microsoft Office 2010)
- The Notes for the case study (PDF)
- Solutions for the case study (PDF)