With one in three marriages ending in divorce the likelihood of advisers being involved with a number of client marriage breakdowns is almost certain. Involvement may range from simply providing disclosure right through to aiding a client and their legal adviser in developing suitable options on how assets could be split. In order to adequately assist clients it is important that advisors are across a range of Tax Issues and how they may impact any final settlement.
Join Sean Pearce as he takes a more detailed look at some of the critical tax aspects of a marital breakdown including:
- CGT issues on asset transfers including the main residence exemption;
- Transfer Duty on asset transfers;
- Dealing with Tax Debts;
- Dealing with UPE’s and Division 7A loans;
- Issues in relation Family Trusts;
- Dealing with Superannuation; and
- Recent cases and how they impact planning going forward.
Cost: $200 per attendee (PAN members vouchers redeemable)
When: Friday 6th March 2020 at 9 am (Registration from 8.45 am)
Where: MKT Offices, Level 11, 216 St Georges Terrace Perth
Duration: 90 Minutes
Please RSVP by no later than Friday 28th Febuary 2020 by clicking here and filling out the attached remittance advice.
**This session will qualify for 1.5 hours Structured CPD/CPE for CPA, CAANZ, IPA and Tax Institute members**