The end of each financial year requires Accountants to consider their client’s Trusts and advise clients on distributions to be made to beneficiaries at year end. Accountants therefore need to be aware of a number of matters that are particular to Trusts to ensure that distributions made are as effective as possible. Things such as:
- Determining Trust Income for Distribution, Streaming certain types of income, including the recent Thomas Case, and preparing effective Trustee Resolutions;
- Understanding the risks of Section 100A – Reimbursement Agreements applying to distributions;
- The income tax implications of the vesting of a trust and the recent ATO Taxation Ruling TR 2018/6
- The ATO’s view on trust splitting in the draft Taxation Determination TD 2018/D3; and
- The implications of having and not having made a Family Trust Election.
Join us at our next training session where Sean Pearce will discuss all of the above factors that you need to be aware of in regards to Trusts and Trust Distributions.
Cost: $200 per attendee (PAN members vouchers redeemable)
When: Friday 7th June 2019 at 9am (Registration from 8.45am)
Where: MKT Offices, Level 11, 216 St Georges Terrace Perth
Duration: 90 Minutes
Please RSVP by no later then Friday 31st May 2019 by clicking here and filling out the attached remittance advice.